Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dirty Little River Town 2

I know I'm beating a dead horse with this, but I'm going to flail
away. I submitted a letter to the editor called " A Dirty Little
River Town" (Sept. 12, 2007). I had a response to that letter written by several
members of management at the agency I recently quit from. I left there because of
what I and others perceive to be corruption of or at least mismanagement by
the board of directors relating to personnel matters within the agency.

Now, I won't take offense at the remark that it was me who had the
blackened shriveled rock for a heart or the remarks from the others. My first sentence in my
previous letter was "Overall the people of Alaska are fairly
decent folks" and I'll stand by that statement. It's not all people
of Alaska who are corrupted. It's a small minority of those in power or in
positions of trust who seem to be tainted and those few who follow them or want to be just like them. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. The sad part of this is just as I
stated in the earlier blog: "The big movers and shakers of business in Alaska are
all mostly tainted with corruption, cronyism and dirty dealings."

I have to admit that my original statement wasn't entirely correct. I should have said the big movers and shakers of business and politics in Alaska. My mistake.

I could list them if you wish, but I'll leave that up to the readers
to research that for themselves. Although I will add this to
the mix. The Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
(CREW) released its third annual report on the most corrupt members
of Congress. Their web site is http://www.beyonddelay.org/node/373

I'll let you look for yourself and you make the decision as to where
Alaska stands in the eyes of the rest of the country. Now before
anyone takes offense to this letter, let me say that Alaskans don't do it
like they do it outside of here. We do it our way. I'm not betting on this dead horse but I think we will come in first when the race is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment