Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tailless Flying Squirrel


The Tailless One came for a visit last night at the feeder, and brought a buddy along to. It's cool here at the Permafrost Ranch, it's been hovering around the - 20 degree F mark all night and this morning. It's now 2:05 PM and it's warmed up to a -16 F. As life in the far north goes, being we are only 165 miles south of the Arctic Circle, I guess I shouldn't complain about the temperature. It could be much colder. Our hours of daylight are quickly fading this time of the year, we are losing anywhere on the average of 5 to 7 minutes a day. Sunrise this morning was at 9:28 AM, and sunset this evening will be at 3:39 PM. Makes for a very short day. With the encroaching darkness, I have this urge to go to bed early and sleep late. I have to blame it on that, I don't want to say I'm just lazy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:03 PM

    I'd be hard put to get out of the bed at all with those temperatures! These little babies are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob,
    still flying even if tailess?
    I thought the tail was a rudder. lol!

    ReplyDelete