Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Little Buddy



I've had a close connection with Squirrels most of my life. I was told a long time ago, that we all have animal spirits that find us, and mine was a squirrel. I've hunted them at times, when I was younger and didn't pay attention to such matters, but over the years I've befriended many and have had a change of heart. This little guy has came to me for handouts for that last couple of years. He's such a cutie, he's got a crook in his tail from a old injury, it most likely was from another squirrel. He's not from my yard but he makes the dangerous journey through other squirrels territories to come and get something to eat from my feeders and to take food from my hand.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:49 PM

    What a cute little guy! A lot of years ago we had a little grey female that would come and take food from our hands. Now we have a dog who's nature is to chase anything that moves so we don't encourage close visits by the squirrels or chipmunks. We just warn them when it's time for her to go out. They get plenty from their visits to our feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough little squirrel!
    It must be a peaceful feeling to be able to live among wildlife, instead of only feeling comfortable having wildlife at a great distance? (a not so vague reference to my NJ neighbors - but not Bobbie ;) )
    I really do enjoy those squirrel pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of hard to tell who had the biggest thrill there, you or the squirrel. I always feel so blessed when I can be a part of nature first hand. Since it is not often, the occasional times are so precious. Bob I know you also cherish each on. Such a sweet picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a herd o squirrels. they will hang upside down from my gutters and chatter at me through my windows if i forget to fill up my feeders. they are fat and sassy and i swear they think i work for them. maybe i do.

    ReplyDelete