Monday, January 28, 2008

Frosty Red Squirrels of Alaska 2


We have had a spell of cold weather and I enjoy watching my little Red Squirrel Friends here on the Permafrost Ranch. Taking pictures of those little cold faces from the warmth of my office window is one of the best parts of my day. I hope it brings pleasure and wonderment to those of you who read this blog. Life in Alaska can be hard during the long periods of cold and dark. Watching the little squirrels that come to my feeders is one of the bright spots of my world. I sometimes forget to count my blessings that are given to me, my family, my friends, and the social networks I hang out in on the internet. Thanks for the support and kind words so many send my way through those networks and this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:18 PM

    I like looking at your squirrel friends as well. In fact, I have a peek at both your webcams at least once a day.

    I feed the sparrows that congregate on the loading dock at work (much to the chagrin of the building engineer). It's such a thrill when I go out for a smoke and the sparrows fly toward me, twittering in recognition.

    Z

    ReplyDelete